W. Littlejohn and Son Ltd - Abney Level
Wilson Littlejohn came to New Zealand from Scotland and opened his shop in 1879 with his son.
Messrs. Littlejohn and Son employed competent specialists for each department of their manufacturing trade, and had one of the largest and most complete establishments in the Colony for the manufacture of jewellery, chronometers, clocks, watches, instruments, and optical goods. The jewellery shop had all needful appliances for this department of the trade. In the mechanical workroom there was a good deal of machinery, including lathes and planing machines, for accomplishing the work required; while the optical department was kept entirely separate, and had contrivances for lens grinding, drilling, and all other needs of this branch of the business. "
Source: The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Wellington Provincial District] - Cyclopedia Company Limited - 1897 - The New Zealand Electronic Text Centre