T . G. Co Ltd Compass
T.G. Co. Ltd. was the abbreviation used by The Gramophone Company. This firm merged with its subsidiary His Master's Voice (2/3) and with Columbia Graphophone Co. (1/3) in 1931 to become EMI (Electric& Musical Industries) who continued to use “The Gramophone Co.” trademark for various items, changing it for the War contracts to just T.G. Co. Ltd.
In reality, F. Barker& Son apparently built these compasses since they all carry the B prefix to the serial number.
T. G. Co. disappeared as soon as WW2 finished. ( Compassipedia )
This compass is marked Serial Number B8526 Mk 3 1939 and was donated by John Webber