This beautiful little sighting compass is 200 years old and was made by Edward Troughton before his amalgamation with William Simm in 1826.
One side of the sighting vane has a mirror.
There is a needle lock that can be operated when the compass body is removed from the wood housing.
The needle is of the bar type with a jewel on the pivot.
Very well constructed.
Overall it measures 85 x 85 x 30 mm.